Irwin’s Bakery are recruiting a production scheduler on a permanent full time basis. Reporting to the Planning Manager, the successful candidate will partner with various functions within the organisation to ensure all customer orders are optimally scheduled to ensure on time and in full customer service.
To manage MRP within an ERP system. Coordinating resources within different departments and ensuring the production plan optimizes customer service
- Using ERP to manage day to day planning and forecasting activities.
- Production scheduling to fully utilize available resources (equipment,
labour, materials, energy) with minimal waste, current and forward.
- Produce a detailed production plan, using MRP and effectively communicate it to the production team
- Monitor production performance against agreed schedule and make any changes necessary to ensure customers’ needs are met
- Monitor sales forecast performance against agreed forecast and communicate variance to the sales team
- Proactively monitor and control stock levels
- Communicate with sales/customer care team on customer orders
- Attend daily operations meeting with full update on effectiveness of production schedule.
- Proactively Input and maintain data accuracy on ERP systems to ensure detailed and effective production schedules may be produced
- Proactively work with the planning manager to forecast and establish volumes on a, weekly and daily basis.
- Ensures customers are scheduled on time in full
- The successful candidate will have, 3rd level education or equivalent,
- 2 years of proven experience and working knowledge of an MRP system
- Strong IT skills, with a particular focus on Excel. Proven proficiency in the use of MS Office, PowerPoint and Excel etc.
- Previous production / distribution and or planning experience is essential.
- An ability to work on one’s own initiative,
- Communicate and organise effectively is essential.
- Due to the nature of the job numerical skills, attention to detail
- Flexible in terms of working hours is essential
- Full Clean driving license as this role may involve travel within departments.
- Proven experience working within a FMCG environment
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing techniques.
Those interested in applying for the above position may obtain an application package by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . These should be returned no later than Tuesday 21st August 2018 at 5pm.
Irwin’s Bakery is an Equal Opportunities Employer