National Account Manager
Reporting to the Sales Director this is an exciting role which is ideal for someone with FMCG experience wanting to make the next step in their career. A unique opportunity to working with market leading brands in their category, and new and exciting products in further bakery categories.
Overall account responsibility for;
- To develop and grow Irwin’s share of trade within the bakery category within designated accounts to be confirmed
- To ensure company budgets are met and exceeded
- To identify and act on opportunities to grow Irwin’s profitability in existing accounts
- To identify new opportunities and recruit potential new customers
- To plan and implement joint business plans
- To agree & implement promotional plans and promotional activities
- Develop a robust business development strategy to exploit and build upon the company’s existing reputation for service.
- Collaborate with the management team to formulate and implement the short, medium and long term strategies for company development and ensure the appropriate transition of these strategies into business objectives that allow for meaningful audit of business practice and success.
- Further develop current customers whilst pushing for further business in new potential customers, particularly within GB
- Contribute positively to the business and financial performance of the company.
- Develop business opportunities through planned strategies including market research, competitor provision and sector trends.
- Research new products/services to increase the success of our business model.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with National Accounts at head office level
- FMCG Background
- Planning & forecasting, managing company budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft office – excel, power–point, etc
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and travel
- A full clean driving licence
- Bakery knowledge / background
- Experience working with Discounters and GB Multiple
- Account management experience
- Understanding of retailer systems & processes
- Experience of managing & developing own label projects
- Experience of planning & implementing joint business plans
- Experience in retailer processes & systems from store level to head office
- Experience of NPD from concept to launch
- Analytical approach
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to work efficiently and confidently on own initiative
- To work as part as a team member and also to lead projects
- Good communicator
- Natural confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills / relationship development
- Strong presentation skills
- Good administration internal & external
- Ability to react/think on feet
- Ability to work under pressure & to tight timescales to achieve company objectives
- Ability to interpret and act upon all opportunities to ensure company budgets are met
- Ability to analyse and interpret internal reports, market data
- Can do attitude
- Ambitious and progressive attitude
The closing date for the role is Monday 24 December at 5.00pm. Anyone who is interested in applying must email email@example.com for more information.
Irwin’s Bakery is an equal opportunity employer.