IT Placement Student
Target Disciplines: IT related Degree
Start Date: 4 June
End Date: Negotiable – max. 1 year
Reports to: Software Analyst
Salary : To be discussed at interview
Working with the IT technical support the post holder will be responsible for effectively providing first line support to all in house IT Systems. Systems include Windows 2008 Servers running Active Directory, Exchange 2010, SQL 2005,
SQL 2008, Citrix, McAfee Antivirus, Microsoft Navision, bespoke manufacturing system and others. Client PCs are currently running Windows 7 professional and Windows 10 professional operating systems.
This position will involve doing weekday IT support cover/IT Support call–out.
- On–site support to resolve problems with existing IT Systems.
Installation and configuration of IT hardware and software including PCs,
Printers and Networking equipment.
- Testing of new hardware and software releases and upgrades.
- To provide helpdesk, IT Technical and software support.
- Reviewing and providing input to User documentation.
- Maintaining Systems Procedures.
- Power BI
- Ensuring data integrity.
- Undertaking project work as agreed with your Supervisor.
- Providing administrative support to the IT department as required.
- To maintain backups as per the department schedule.
- To be involved in the department ‘out–of–hours’ support rota.
- Keep the Software Analyst updated with regular progress reports measured against key performance indicators.
- Timely communication of all pertinent IT issues to the relevant Supervisors/Managers.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
- Full UK driving licence
- Either on track to achieve or already obtained a 2:1 or higher in an IT discipline
- Interested in SQL programming
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Eager to learn
- Interested in IT technician roles
Click for application form
Application Procedure: Send completed Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy closing date:
Friday 11th May 2018 23:59