Irwin’s Bakery are giving away a £500 prize to SIX schools across Northern Ireland.
All you need to do for a chance to win:
Step 1: Fill in the below application, telling us in no more than 250 words how £500 could help your school (it might be for classroom equipment, playground facilities or fun activities).
Step 2: Send us a video, explaining why your nominated school deserves to win the ‘School Dough’ prize and how the money might be used.
(Please keep in mind these will be shared on Irwin’s Bakery social accounts)
The video should be less than 60 seconds and you can be as creative as you want.
FOR YOUR SCHOOL
NI 18+, irwinsbakery.com/schools to apply and for T&Cs
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. Promoter: Irwin’s Bakery, 5 Diviny Drive, Portadown BT63 5WE
2. Eligibility: Open to NI residents aged 18 or over excluding employees and their immediate families of Irwin’s Bakery, their agencies or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
3. Internet access and a valid email address are required to enter.
4. Application Instructions:
To apply, go to www.irwinsbakery.com/schools and enter your details and the details of the nominated Northern Ireland school on whose behalf you are submitting an application.
5.To be considered for a prize, the nominated school must meet the following eligibility criteria:
(Please note, privately own child care businesses will not be considered)
6. Applications are welcome on behalf of all sections of the community.
7. You will need to include the following information as part of your application
Names, personal details and contact details which you provide as part of your submission, shall be reviewed by Irwin’s Bakery and selected agents involved in the verification or judging of entries, will be captured, processed and stored in accordance with our Privacy Notice
8. As part of your application, please tell us in no more than 250 words, how the £500 award could help the school (for example to provide school equipment, kit or awards, to improve school facilities or go towards funding a larger school requirement )
9. All applicants MUST ALSO submit a supporting video for Irwin’s Bakery to share on their social media channels, explaining why the nominated school deserves to win the ‘School Dough’ prize and how the money might be used. The judges will be looking for your creativity and authenticity here, so make sure you make your submission memorable and impactful.
The video must be no more than 60 seconds long and should be emailed as a downloadable link to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the Northern Ireland school it relates to.
Video links must be received by 23:59 18/10/20.
Only one video can be accepted for each application. If more than one video is submitted, the first one received according to the promoter’s email records will be used for judging purposes.
10. You must obtain a written consent from any individual if your application includes any information about an individual.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applications if they are:
Applicants must ensure that their Video Entry:
12. Bulk applications made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that team or group’s applications in a way that is not consistent with the terms of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
13. The promoters will verify all applications prior to making any award. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and may withhold any award, or the opportunity to be considered for an award, until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification. The promoter will only award funds directly to the school or to the school’s approved fund raising association. The promoter reserves the right to withhold payment until the authenticity of any named recipient is verified.
14. No Purchase Necessary
15. Promotional Period: Opens for applications 27/08/2020 and closes for applications 23:59 18/10/20 (the Application Period).
16. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
17. The Prize Fund: There are 6 prizes of £500, one prize for each county in Northern Ireland. One winning school will be selected by the Judging Panel for each county and will be awarded the £500 prize. Each county winner will the application which the Judging Panel deem to have best satisfied the judging criteria. The promoter reserves the right not to make a county award if no eligible application is received from a school in that county, or if the judges do not believe the standard of any county’s applications is of sufficient quality to satisfy all the judging criteria.
Prize awards can only be made directly to the school named in the winning applications, or the school’s approved fund–raising body. Prize awards cannot be paid to individuals.
18. The promoter reserves the right to award additional prizes on an ad hoc basis during the promotional period, unrelated to the main competition prizes and judging process. Awarding of such an ad hoc prize is neither an indication of an application being shortlisted for a main prize, nor does it preclude any application from winning a main prize.
19. Winner Selection: All valid applications will be reviewed by a judging panel – at least one of whom will be an independent judge. The judging will take place by 23/10/20 and winners will be notified within 4 calendar days.
The Winner in each county will be the entry which, in the opinion of the judges, best reflects and encourages the following values (Judging Criteria):
The weightings applied to the Judging Criteria will be as follows: (a) Merit (60%) and (b) Creativity of application and video: (40%). The Promoter reserves the right to consider information about the nominated school gathered from other publicly available sources in assessing the eligibility of any application and in the judging process.
20.The winning applicants will be notified by phone/email by 28/10/20, and once the winning schools have been verified, the winning school names will be published on Irwin’s Bakery social media platforms. All prize winners must acknowledge this Notification within seven (7) days and must also provide such other documentation as the Promoter may reasonably request to confirm their award.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit any prize if it reasonably suspects that the relevant winner is not eligible under or has not complied with these Official Rules.
22. All winners are required to take part in reasonable photographic and other publicity in connection with this promotion with no further recompense.
23. The names of the winning schools will be published on Irwin’s Bakery social media platforms and will be available for 3 months after announcement date by emailing email@example.com
24. Prizes to be taken as stated. There are no other prize alternatives available, in whole or in part, except owing to circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
25. General: The Promoter reserves the right to vary, alter or terminate this promotion due to unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control and where circumstances make this unavoidable. Neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for any incorrect or inaccurate entry, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof; regretfully, we cannot be held liable for system failures on the website. Neither can we be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although we will always endeavor to minimise the effect to the participant of any such failure.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 4 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
27. By submitting their application for the Promotion, all applicants agree to grant the Promoter permission to use the contents of their application for promotional purposes in any of its social media pages (including without limitation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in digital publications and on its website and across any other media (including media owned or controlled by third parties) without further permission or remuneration.
28. By submitting a Video Entry as part of the application, all individuals featured in or involved in the submission of the Video Entry agree to grant the Promoter permission to use their Video, together, at the discretion of the Promoter, with any accompanying copy or content and the name of the nominated school and/or its username on relevant social media platforms), for promotional purposes in any of its social media pages (including without limitation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), in digital publications and on its website and across any other media (including media owned or controlled by third parties), without further permission or remuneration.
29. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the Promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
30. Valid wherever legal only, the rules of this promotion are subject to the legal and regulatory restrictions imposed under Northern Ireland law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts.
31. Your personal details will be used solely for the purposes of administering this promotion and will be destroyed afterwards unless you have specifically opted–in to receive further information or promotions from Irwin’s Bakery. Any personal data will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation. Please note that in processing winning claims, the promoter may disclose your details to affiliates or third parties involved in the fulfillment process.